Fuzzy's Farm

1. Idk.
sickbyc.gif

2. Should be, but i have yet to even see the little rooster squeak! Foster mom keeps him and sis in line, she is really showing authority, and he is even TINIER than her! and she is the size of a robin! So it may be a while. Both him and sis are super cuddly though, foster mom turned out to be a booted bantam, and has never outgrown her shyness. Bites too sometimes.
3. Idk. After losing my broody banty cochin, who brooded right away, i decided to try letting the du'ccle girl have babies instead. She seems to really enjoy them, i think du'ccles just really like babies! Mine wasn't super enthused at first, but since she as bigger the babies just were too persistant and won her over. :)

Last edited:
AHA! I have arrived, let the party begin!

Time to SPAM THIS THREAD WITH CHICK PICS!

This guy.. Hope a girl... Is a Roger/Vanilla baby. There is a lot of grey/blue in its fuzz along with that lovely gold coming in on the wings. It was black and golden when it hatched...

As you can see, this is the faverolle cross.. Go Mr. F! Anyway, those blackish brown feathers coming in on her wings are FUZZY! Not just fuzzy, but curly fuzzy. In the pic below, what you may think is a tail sticking up is actually wing feathers sticking up that much. Isn't it AWESOME! I created the ULITMATE Silkerolle.

So Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Lets all cross our fingers that it is a pullet!
fl.gif

And Fuzzy-
I will report on how mine does as a Mama;;;;;;;;if I ever return from Robin's house. I may just camp out and live in one of her coops.

I love little silkies and showgirls..and Uggos. And frizzly things. I need a frizzled d'uccle. Someone make one.

I must go get ready for the wedding. With five taking showers to be ready by 11, I want the hot water before they wake up. Coffee isnt working though, I am so tired.

The sad thing about that is that I will be showered for a wedding, THEN the sun will be up enough for me to care for the chickens and rabbits-

oh well, its a hoedown redneck wedding anyway. I will be probably fit in.

Hey Fuzzy, do you have an extra porcelain roo? I have 2 pullets and no roo?
Sorry, i only have the one and he's dot-sized!!!!!!! My ee hens are small, silkie size or so, and i was thinking of using him for my rooster, but i have never seen one so small; even the tiny booted girl is casting eyes at the big roo. lol. Even she must have her doubts, lol
Isn't it AWESOME! I created the ULITMATE Silkerolle.

Go mr fluffers! I think that boy or girl this one's a keeper! :) I wonder what the super saddle translates to in silkie............. :D You made a cotton ball, ha ha!

Well, i did it today. I went to the auction, still hoping for a broody-ish girl.
Aaaanyway, so there i was with all those roosters, and i spy one that looks like a cross between a blue laced red wyendotte and a EE of some sort. Something in his eyes reminded me of my lost rooster, and i wanted him. I bid, but stopped thinking a decent person was buying him, but no it was an asian group who tied him up and stuffed him into a plastic trash sack. I went to tears and bought him, so now i have a roo i don't need. But he is pretty......... And my remaining lemon blue hen who was lonely seems to be following him everywhere. He's still a baby, no spurs yet even. Buut he built a few nests, and even after being starved all day would not eat a corndog until after the women and children ate...........
love.gif

I also sold my orp to a nice family that was wanting some at the auction, i miss her but she just didn't fit in and she was mean and lonely. So they get an egg layer, i got peace in my coop. I really hope she is happy with the new family, and bonds to one of their roosters better than she did mine.......She wasn't going to brood and i was feeling sad for her but i can't have the others too scared to drink, especially with winter coming on.
I am going to have to use the cheapo tractor supply brooder, my friend bought one ages ago for turtle eggs and never used it. (I thought of daron, but dipping the eggs would cut my hatch rate prob. by 50%, no good.)

Idk what i'm gonna do with extra roosters, but even the long walk is kinder than suffocating. :(

Back
Top Bottom