Gah! Need to rant!- Sad story with pics :(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Alicia G, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    So I came home to find mother brought this dog in... I couldn't believe the condition this gal was in :( Just breaks my heart.
    The neighbour of the owner said he lost his wife a few months ago, but then also told us another sheppard lived in a small fenced in space and than died not too long after... This dog came up to my mother so sweetly, soaked up all the attention and than began to get into the truck, well try to at least... She is so skinny and weak she couldn't do it. Then we realized shes almost completely blind. And to top it off it looks like shes had pups in the past. She doesnt even look that old, theres no gray on her face at all... I just want to cry looking at her :'(
    Mother and I will be taking her to the vets tomorrow, I just hope we can save this Beautiful dog.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks to you and your mother. [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    You have a very kind heart - thank you for looking after this poor dog! Merry Christmas to you!

4. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Blessings to your family for taking her in. She needs you! I will be looking forward to your updates.

5. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    Sending prayers your way! Good luck with her, and so sweet of you to rescue her! Thank you!

6. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    Sounds like she was seeking kindness from your mother. She had found that and more with your family! It hurts to look at her now but groceries will do wonders. Dogs are amazing, they are able to forgive and forget.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope this dog will experience a Christmas Miracle -

8. Poor thing!

9. Alicia G

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Last night Annie slept with me [​IMG] I had to let her out every hour because she doesn't have good bladder control (from the lack of muscle I assume). When I finally got her to settle down she was on my bed crushed up to me... If she couldn't feel my body she'd panic and start looking for me in a frenzy... So I have had about an hours sleep for today but I don't mind because to see her running outside wagging her tail makes it worth it.
    [​IMG]
    I have never seen a dog so amazed and grateful to have a used blanket. breaks my heart to see, but at least I know she is happy now

10. Alicia G

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    So I got Back from the vets.... Annie has severe allergies and cataracts, shes almost completely blind. She also have Diabetes, and is not a good candidate for treatment.... So she will spend Christmas with us, and then the Humane Society will make the decision to have her euthanized... I am very upset because I thought she could be saved... But at least she will spend the holiday in a warm, loving home...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by