Galah's?

Yup, we've got a beautiful galah called Venus. Like most cockatoos she has a favorite human (not me lol) and she's got loads of personality. She's quite noisy, louder than my guineas sometimes, and very messy but that's true of most birds really. They're pretty long lived so keep that in mind if you're considering adopting one. Much smaller than other 'Toos, they make good pets and can become fun companions if socialized well and early.

We have 2 ... we love'em and true, they can be messy & LOUD ( they're not what you call talkers or singers ) one is very friendly & quite the love, the other one just freaks out & goes nuts when I near his house, both are adopted's, was told he was friendly, that was when we didn't know better about how to know a friendly bird , now we know, but we love him no matter what we weren't looking for perfect birds...
big_smile.png
so no biggy !

I have two as well. I've had the first one for 21 years this December and I got him when he was six weeks old. He doesn't like to come out of his cage anymore but still loves a scratch and a pat. He only gets aggressive if you try and take him out (he's really territorial about his cage). The second I got from a friend about 3 years ago. We don't know how old she is. They got her and her mate as already bonded aviary birds, but her mate died about a year after they got her (she is at least as old as my original -probably much older - as they got her about the same time as I got Bomber). She is very friendly - loves a scratch and a pat - she is also missing most of her toes - which means she can't climb very well or hold treats in her "hands". They make great pets and will be with you for life if you are that way inclined. They have been known to live for 80+ years in captivity.

Back
Top Bottom