Gamble Quail as pets

leto

Hatching
Jun 2, 2016
Mesa, Arizona
Hi every one I'm new to the community. My name is Angie, live in Mesa,A.Z. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that have had similar experience to mine with gamble's. I had one gamble's just before the gamble's I have now. The gamble's I have now is named Halcyon, the gamble's I had before was named Munsey he lived for 12yrs as my friend( pet isn't the best description) I new our relationship was special, I didn't realize how unusal. I showed a vet and a few other people videos of my Munsey playing with toys by himself and looking for affection and love without me solicitating him. I' ll try to put video's on. I' ll add more pictures to my albums. I'm still learning how to navigate the site, but I think you should be able to go and pull up all the pics I put on my profile. I am bonding with my new baby. Definatly a boy,he is starting to get his mask. I do have alot of information to share for anyone interested. I also have lots of questions for anyone who know gamble's physiology and biology. For example I understand that bird poo has 2 parts the uriates and fecies. Quail seem to have 2 separate structures of poo that happen at different times. The common firm with self similar tiny round parts feces with uriates. These happen approximately every 9 - 20min. Between the 4th to the 7 th there will be a sticky longish poo, the shape and consistency is different from the common poo.After the sticky poo the common poo comes right back. My bird Munsey did this, Halcyon does this, the quail I've rescued in the past did this. So if this is normal (I think it is) what is happening inside thier bodies to make this happen? Is it thier body doing a liver cleanse? Thanks every one, Angie. W. Sorry I couldn't add video or pics, I did this on my tablet. Non compatible software. Happy independence day!....... Don' t let the fire works scare or hurt your birds!!!

I live in Chino Valley Az and we had a covey of more than 20 exploring my front yard yesterday afternoon. I didn't realize they were legal to keep, I would be interested in them once my aviary is built.

No you cannot take them out of the wild. It is illigeal to do so. I bought a chick from a breeder here in Queen Creek, AZ. You also need a licence from the game and fish. The hobby licence is only $5.00 a year and it's super easy to get. I did bird rescue several years ago and I started my apprentiship with falconry, I also had a few other exotics. That how I found out about the licencing for certian birds and all birds that are native usally have some form of licence. Gamble's will have a learning curve, different from other birds, in heath and mental requirements. If you are willing to research and modify known information. gamble's are fun to keep outside or take on the big, big and rewarding steps of bonding. If you want to bond , find someone selling chcks and be prepaired to dedicatet lots and lots of time. If anyone wants more info I'll give ya anything I have. I personally think if someone wants a very loving friend and the person has the right temperment for a gamble's, gamble's make incredable pets/friends. Thanks for reading, I apologize for spelling and grammer errors.

No you cannot take them out of the wild. It is illigeal to do so. I bought a chick from a breeder here in Queen Creek, AZ. You also need a licence from the game and fish. The hobby licence is only $5.00 a year and it's super easy to get. I did bird rescue several years ago and I started my apprentiship with falconry, I also had a few other exotics. That how I found out about the licencing for certian birds and all birds that are native usally have some form of licence. Gamble's will have a learning curve, different from other birds, in heath and mental requirements. If you are willing to research and modify known information. gamble's are fun to keep outside or take on the big, big and rewarding steps of bonding. If you want to bond , find someone selling chcks and be prepaired to dedicatet lots and lots of time. If anyone wants more info I'll give ya anything I have. I personally think if someone wants a very loving friend and the person has the right temperment for a gamble's, gamble's make incredable pets/friends. Thanks for reading, I apologize for spelling and grammer errors.
I rescued one male gambles quail , I want to find a female for him. He is around two and a half months. He is so so lonely. Would you help me? I live in paradise valley. My name is Maureen. My email address is [email protected].

Back
Top Bottom