game bird breeder license

huntercf

Songster
9 Years
May 17, 2010
Does anyone know where I can obtain an application for a CA domesticated game bird breeders license? The DFG's website only has the renewal letter but no application. Thanks

Thanks for the link, but they only have the requirements not the application itself.

if you read the renewal notice it looks like that is mailed out you are probably going to have to call them and get a package mailed to you

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/pdffiles/fg1390b.pdf

Enclosed are the following:
• 2010 Domesticated Game Breeder’s License Application
(FG1390). This application will become your license
when validated and returned to you by the Department.
• 2009 Domesticated Game Breeder’s Report Form
(FG1390a).
• Tag/Seal Order Form (FG338).
• Credit Card Authorization Form (FG1443).

good luck

Update,
I emailed the DFG and I received an automated response that said to email back with name, address and type of license application. Thanks for the help.

Quote:
When I did mine I got NPIP certified first with the State Veterinarian, Than I called to have the paper work sent out for my Poultry/Ratite Dealer, Chick Dealer, Hatching Egg Dealer and Gamebird Hatchery. I received four licenses, Not sure about California regulations but here in North Carolina thats what i did. Try calling the main number in sacramento would probably be best. VQB

Call 916 9285805, ask to speak to Bill Caputto.
He will ask you a few questions, then send you the app, you fill it out and send in with either 18.50 or 40+ $$$(depending on how many birds you plan on keeping).
He will send you back the permit.

If you want to sell processed birds, there are more tags and hoops . . .

PS- Bill told me to get my birds BEFORE i apply, so I could correctly fill out #s.
They CAN come to your property and check things out, I believe.
Its best to start a paper trail right off, buy from a lisenced breeder.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info chickenwhisperer, I will give him a call next week. I only plan on keeping a few gambels and valleys, mainly as pets.

Hrrmmm... I think I better do the same...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom