Game Bird Gazette delivery is horrible

urbanguy10

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 23, 2014
Illinois
I was receiving the magazine for about 3 years without a problem until the fall of 2011. My subscription was due to expire in the spring of 2012, so I renewed for 2 years, since it is a great magazine. I was hoping the renewal would spur them to get the magazine delivered. Here it is, 2 years later and 18 emails and 2 or 3 phone calls from Jim and Julie with promises to get me the magazine, and still nothing. I will try to get my money back, but I really don't see me ever getting an issue again.

:welcome

If you perform an advanced search, here on BYC, for that mag, you'll discover that you are not alone (just remember to click on the search button at the bottom of the screen after declaring variables).

From all the info., in previous threads on this matter, it sounds like an excellent product (don't know why they don't PDF all old issues and sell those individual issues online) with execrable attention to deadlines and their customers.

Do you have game birds/turkeys?

At this time I don't have anything. I used to have Peacocks and quail. I would like to raise them again, maybe wild turkeys as well. The magazine always had a good assortment of articles.
Everytime the people from the magazine call me back, their very apologetic and promise to correct the problem, but nothing ever happens.

Yes, they called me 2 weeks ago and said the next issue is coming out that week and I should receive it by the end of the week. Needless to say, still no magazine. I told the guy on the phone that I wasn't holding my breath.

I talked to Julie at the magazine and she said the new issue will be going out to members soon. I have been a magazine member for a lot of years. It's a wonderful magazine and I couldn't do without it. I've known the Allen family who puts out the magazine for a long time. They are wonderful folks. Mr. Allen, the editor, is a BYC member. Many will know he has been suffering a terrible illness, but he is doing better now and Julie said the magazine will be on schedule. I can relate how hard a serious illness can be and wish him the very best. This is a magazine they do as a family. They do it for their love of the birds and the people in the hobby. They put their hearts and soles into that magazine and what they do is very special. It's not a money making thing for them and they have a full refund policy anytime. Julie said to drop them an e-mail directly if any member needs assistance.

I recently subscribed and it stated that it would begin with the end of March so looking forward to seeing this publication- I saw a copy was very impressed with the layout and content...

I was receiving the magazine for about 3 years without a problem until the fall of 2011. My subscription was due to expire in the spring of 2012, so I renewed for 2 years, since it is a great magazine. I was hoping the renewal would spur them to get the magazine delivered. Here it is, 2 years later and 18 emails and 2 or 3 phone calls from Jim and Julie with promises to get me the magazine, and still nothing. I will try to get my money back, but I really don't see me ever getting an issue again.
Forget ever getting any $$$ back. I started taking the Game Breeders Gazette around 1975 and it lasted until the 1990s. I wrote numerous articles on raising Black Swans and even advertised natural nesting logs under Whistling Wings Farm. over the past 40 years we raised over 100 Blacks. My last contact was a 2 yr. Perscription sent 10+- yrs. Ago. ,never heard back, never received any communication,never received another issue. Once this was the best publication, but something went to hell and that was vary sad.

Back
Top Bottom