1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Game Camera what kind would you recommend????

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by crj, Dec 17, 2010.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I'm interested in getting a game cam. I don't want one that is expensive but does take good night pictures. I've seen infared and ones with flashes. I didn't look to see if they have both..... lol. I don't have a problem right now but I would like to know what is lurking around my pens when I'm not around. Thanks [​IMG]

2. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I've seen people with pictures but I would really like suggestions on a good game cam. Anyone?

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I only have experience with my Moultrie i40. I think it takes good pictures although the sd card is a little difficult to remove especially if you have larger hands.

What ever kind you choose make sure to get one with an "infrared flash" as it uses a subtle red light instead of a bright white flash.

4. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    There is another person right now with a similar question and has gotten a few responses and some example pictures. We use Cuddebacks (not sure which model). They have a flash. We've tried a couple of different brands and we find these work the best. The others must have made a noise with the flash because the deer always got spooked. Here is an example of a night picture from mine. Sorry, all I have is deer, my husband erases all the rest and the cameras haven't been out in a while.
    [​IMG]

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I would check out the Bushnell Trophy Cam. Batteries are supposed to last a long time.

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by