Gamebird feed

Team01

Chirping
Mar 8, 2023
Hello. I have a question about feed for my quail. They were started out on 30 percent gamebird starter. They are starting to lay. Been trying to find gamebird layer crumble no one around here sells it. I can only find gamebird starter gamebird maintenance or flock raiser. Would it hurt to keep feeding them the starter.

Hello. I have a question about feed for my quail. They were started out on 30 percent gamebird starter. They are starting to lay. Been trying to find gamebird layer crumble no one around here sells it. I can only find gamebird starter gamebird maintenance or flock raiser. Would it hurt to keep feeding them the starter.
What's the protein percentage of the game bird maintenance and the flock raiser? I suspect that neither will have adequate calcium, so you'll need to supplement with oyster shell, dried egg shells or some other means so they have enough calcium to make the egg shells.
What's your approximate location? Depending on that, some one might be able to recommend a locally available product.

What's the protein percentage of the game bird maintenance and the flock raiser? I suspect that neither will have adequate calcium, so you'll need to supplement with oyster shell, dried egg shells or some other means so they have enough calcium to make the egg shells.
What's your approximate location? Depending on that, some one might be able to recommend a locally available product.
I love in prunedale ca. Not sure on the protein. Can they stay on the starter

I love in prunedale ca. Not sure on the protein. Can they stay on the starter
They can for a little while....high protein causes them to develop fatty liver disease, plus it messes with the reproduction organs and the digestive tract as well....they get 'burned up' on the high protein.

I feed gamebird maintenance and just give them free access to calcium (crushed egg shells/oyster shell).
so gambled maintenance would be okay for my layers as long as I give them more calcium. Which would be better crushed egg shells or oyster shell. Should the oyster shell be crushed fine

Prunedale Ca has one of the few feed mills that makes Quail Layer crumble, just swing by LA Hearn feedstore. Also they sell a Peacock starter that's also the perfect Quail starter blend, better than turkey starter. Consider yourself blessed, not everyone has those options.

Back
Top Bottom