Gander being mean

CV11

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2018
I got some pilgrim goslings raised them only 1 made it ,the gander. So now he is fully feathered and i got him a female pilgrim same age and i put her with him and he is trying to hurt her and is pecking and grabbing her feathers why is the gander doing that?

Also after a few days of living like this let them be together and you offer some kind of treat they love, this gets them together but hopefully will break any stress your gander is feeling. Believe me I went through something very similar with my gander when I brought home a female goose for him, only difference was he was attached to a Muscovy ducks so I had to break up that relationship before he would bond with the goose. They finally bonded and almost 8 yrs later are a very happy married couple. lol

Also after a few days of living like this let them be together and you offer some kind of treat they love, this gets them together but hopefully will break any stress your gander is feeling. Believe me I went through something very similar with my gander when I brought home a female goose for him, only difference was he was attached to a Muscovy ducks so I had to break up that relationship before he would bond with the goose. They finally bonded and almost 8 yrs later are a very happy married couple. lol
ok thank you i’m gonna try to get them to get along soon

Back
Top Bottom