Gape worm or just heat?

I worm my birds monthly. What wormer do you have?
@dawg53 Just curious what de-wormer you’re using monthly? I’m currently using fenbendazole which I was told required a 14 day egg withdrawal time. I’d like to deworm on a more regular basis so I’m not dealing with the issues I am now (the ladies seem to be improving and less panting is present on day 3 of meds) but I also don’t want to toss their eggs 1/2 the month. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

My go to wormer is Valbazen. I also use Safeguard, pyrantel pamoate, levamisole. I use Equimax or Zimecterin Gold for tapeworms only.
Safeguard and Valbazen are benzimidazoles. Benzimidazoles dont stay in the chickens system very long and are mostly excreted. We eat the eggs after using safeguard or valbazen.
The residue in eggs is minute. It's your choice whether you want to eat the eggs or toss them. However, if you suspect that you or a family member might have a reaction to the residue in the eggs, by all means discard them.
I'm still here typing.

If you decide to buy Valbazen, it comes in a 500ml bottle and costs about $44 to $50.
Valbazen dosage is 1/2ml given orally to each chicken, then redose again in 10 days. Done.

Safeguard or Valbazen. Normally there's a 14 day withdrawal period after the last dosing for both products.
Both are Benzimidazoles. Both products are not well absorbed into the digestive tract/bloodstream and are mostly excreted.
We eat the eggs after using either wormer. There is minute residue in the eggs. If you suspect that you or a family member might have a reaction to the residue, by all means toss the eggs in the garbage.

Safeguard or Valbazen. Normally there's a 14 day withdrawal period after the last dosing for both products.
Both are Benzimidazoles. Both products are not well absorbed into the digestive tract/bloodstream and are mostly excreted.
We eat the eggs after using either wormer. There is minute residue in the eggs. If you suspect that you or a family member might have a reaction to the residue, by all means toss the eggs in the garbage.
Thank you. I was told to dose, then again 10 days later and not eat any of the eggs for that first ten days and then ten or more days after the last dose. That was a lot of lost eggs. It's only me and my husband eating them. I did see some people did eat them but most didn't and wondered about that.

Back
Top Bottom