Gapeworm

Ill look in to the alternative options for bedding it tends to rain alot here during this time of year I'm in South Carolina and its hurricane season here are pictures of their coop i still have to finishing painting the trim. I let them free range only when im able to be home. Right now all the wood chips are gone from the bottom of the run until i figure out what i want to put down there.
20190821_183430.jpg
20190821_183430.jpg
20190821_183418.jpg
20190821_183415.jpg
20190821_183430.jpg

You have a nice coop, I like it. Put sand in there, that's what I'd do. Put sand in the pen as well. Sand dries quicker than mud/dirt, doesnt wash away, helps deter bugs/parasites, and it's easier to scoop poop.
Thank you my husband definitely worked hard builidng it i was just carrying tools lol and painting. I will give sand a go if its healthier and definitely like that it will keep parasites away. We get a lot of rain one of the things i worried about was the sand just washing away.

Thank you my husband definitely worked hard builidng it i was just carrying tools lol and painting. I will give sand a go if its healthier and definitely like that it will keep parasites away. We get a lot of rain one of the things i worried about was the sand just washing away.
The sand wont wash away. Continuous hard rains can beat it into the soil, then it will need refreshed. You wont have to worry about it since your pen is covered.

Back
Top Bottom