Gapeworm

Actually, a feather dipped in kerosene or turpentine was used way back then. I dont think you'd want to try that lol.
Yes they used the terpentine as well. I bought some of that and have it here but have never used it bc I think it’s too dangerous. I have literally done years of research on it bc of the mess I’ve been through. I found Eucalyptus was used as well. I will see if I can find the article. I dug up really old 1930s farmers manuals online. They’re likely saved on my old computer. I modernized my technique from theirs. I don’t use a stripped feather. I use a six inch cotton swab found off Amazon. I really don’t understand how they got a feather to work. I tried that in 2019 before finding the swabs. I tried either a wing or tail feather. I can’t remember now. I stripped it down with scissors so it was just the stem with pieces of feather sticking out. If you hold it by the tip then the feather is too flimsy to go down. You have to have structure. And it wouldn’t work the other direction. So they have my respect for making that work.

So far I have opened up all of my previously infected areas and they have this huge roaming area now. They are so happy. There’s a pear tree in there and they’re eating the ones that fell off. I pick up the poop with my latex gloves to prevent further contamination. There’s just five of them in there. As long as they do well I may try and let it just be.

I think I’ve seen that article before too. The old stuff is all I had when my wormers failed. I remember the horse hair part specifically. I’ll look on my old computer for the eucalyptus info.
This is all I can find but seems it was another one too.

Attachments

• BD92E27A-F3AA-4621-AB00-8BAD38CACE7E.png
    BD92E27A-F3AA-4621-AB00-8BAD38CACE7E.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 5
LOL. You know what the castor oil does, dont you? Excrement flush...and often.
Haha used it with one pregnancy. Never again! I don’t use that on the girls though. Not internally anyway. Castor oil is great for drawing out infections externally so that’s why I keep it around. Used it on an infected spider bite with bullseye on my leg once. Gone next day.

Back
Top Bottom