Aug 8, 2019
Hi my 5 month old peacock is showing symptoms of gapeworms from the past 5 days he gasps for air makes some weird noise when i hold him.Ive tried to find flubenvet aviverm and fubenol but i didnt find them here i have also tried ivermectin 1% for 3 days but also didnt work? Wht other medicines can i try and find in pakistan or is there any other way to deal with them?

KsKingBee

Crowing
Sep 29, 2013
The Scenic Flint Hills of Kansas
Before deciding on gapeworms as the problem do a simple check and affirm that is what it is. A cotton swab put down the trachea and twisting upward as you pull it out will tell you if it really is gapes. I am betting you have the onset of a respiratory infection and not gapes.

Aug 8, 2019
Before deciding on gapeworms as the problem do a simple check and affirm that is what it is. A cotton swab put down the trachea and twisting upward as you pull it out will tell you if it really is gapes. I am betting you have the onset of a respiratory infection and not gapes.
How much down? I couldnt find any vets who check birds but i asked a veterinary store for it and they gave me enrofloxacin injection also are there any other ways to check for gapes?

Last edited:

casportpony

See my signature for lots of BYC contests!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Jun 24, 2012
I couldnt find any vets who check birds but i asked a veterinary store for it and they gave me enrofloxacin injection and i wanted to make sure its safe before injecting
If your pea has a bacterial respiratory infection then it is safe to inject or give orally.

Top Bottom