Gapeworms

Aug 8, 2019
Hi my 5 month old peacock is showing symptoms of gapeworms from the past 5 days he gasps for air makes some weird noise when i hold him.Ive tried to find flubenvet aviverm and fubenol but i didnt find them here i have also tried ivermectin 1% for 3 days but also didnt work? Wht other medicines can i try and find in pakistan or is there any other way to deal with them?

Before deciding on gapeworms as the problem do a simple check and affirm that is what it is. A cotton swab put down the trachea and twisting upward as you pull it out will tell you if it really is gapes. I am betting you have the onset of a respiratory infection and not gapes.

Before deciding on gapeworms as the problem do a simple check and affirm that is what it is. A cotton swab put down the trachea and twisting upward as you pull it out will tell you if it really is gapes. I am betting you have the onset of a respiratory infection and not gapes.
How much down? I couldnt find any vets who check birds but i asked a veterinary store for it and they gave me enrofloxacin injection also are there any other ways to check for gapes?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom