Garden Fencing help

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LedgeWoods, Mar 12, 2012.

1. LedgeWoods

LedgeWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Midwest
    I know somebody out there has had a similar problem. Looking for idea help!

I free-range my chickens, but last year they helped themselves to some choice veggies in my garden. I refuse to pen the chickens, so that means I'm penning up the veggies :) DH has some crazy ideas for fencing around the garden. Our garden is large - 80'x65' I'm not opposed to cedar posts around the garden with wire fencing inbetween, but the fencing needs to be removable so he can get the tractor with the tiller attachment in there to till in spring and fall.

Thinking 36" fencing height would be good enough. Just don't want the fencing to flop in the wind or look sloppy.
    Any suggestions?

2. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I would make a gate or two for him to take that tractor in and out, or removable panels.

Or till the garden like us....passing the shovel

Our fencing is the 48" 100 rolls from Home Depot. We have 5 gates, 3 normal sized and 2 wider ones. We had to put cinder blocks on their sides dug in to keep the hens from digging under. Our garden is 30 x 70 but part is berries and all is terraced.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by