1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gardening with chickens

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Jesusfreak101, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    Well hello all i havent been in this section long lol. My names Rebecca, between a two year old and the chickens my garden has problems some days lol. I only have four different plants in my garden jalopeno pepper, poblano peppers, bell peppers, egg plant, lemon grass. However i have quite abit in my small green house growing i am waitin till they are big enough the chickens wont just peck/scratch them out. My daughter likes picking the fruit and breaking limbs. I dont have a fence yet but hoping i wont need on now that the rooster gone as he was the ring leader in finding fruit in my garden this past spring. And so far even when i throw veggies i have (bought) they dont seem to really care much for certian things now yeah plus i really like their help with weeding(when the scratch the kill small weeds) and to keep the bug population down.

2. IceAngel

IceAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Yes, chickens can be a big help in the garden, not to mention good fertilizer, lol. We never had a single mosquito this past summer thanks to my chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by