Gas Station Food

boaz

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Woodville, MS
How many times a week can you eat at a gas station? I looked on the Surgeon General's site and there was nothing. We don't have a diner or restaurant in town but the three gas stations at the three way stop all serve food. The Texaco station has by far the best lunch, the food is prepared in the back room where they do the oil changes on cars; I am pretty sure Havoline is low in transfat and cholesterol. Whatever they do, the fried chicken is great! There are always yams, greens, field peas, cornbread, great banana pudding, peach cobbler and sweet tea. I really have come to love this little town. The three way stop, the Texaco station is actually called Three way sits at a four way intersection. Who sweats the small stuff? I would write longer but it is like grocery shopping when hungry, I am off the to the gas station.

Interesting! Our gas stations only serve the really awful pre-packaged sandwiches that can be microwaved. Not good!!!

WOW! you know I was JUST talking about this on my trip to Washington state last weekend. Out there it seems that every gas station has fresh food in a warmer by the register or somewhere in the building. I miss that, out here in MN its all pre-packaged and heaven forbid we should have access to fried zuchinni or Jo-Jo potato wedges or fried chicken in a gas station...thats just weird to the locals up here....and gross to me! I try to be green and bring my lunch but some days its just not that way and I dont want Subway every time I have to eat out, but the gas stations have nothing to offer so I guess Subway it will be forever after...

Very little prepackaged here, except the bottles of Coke with the peanuts in them. I can't find that anywhere else either, makes me wonder how they are doing that.

Here in MA we don't have fresh food in gas stations either. The only thing you can get that's not prepacked is coffee. I never even heard of getting freshly prepared food in gas stations.

Quote:
Some here do.. We have a pretty good pizza take out in one and an awesome fried chicken place in another.
Other than that though..i dont know of any others..its just cold nasty sandwiches in all the rest.

Bottles of Coke with PEANUTS IN IT??? What the holy heck??!! Why would you do that to a perfectly good Coke? It's kinda like blasphemy!

Hen_House_Rocks! :

Bottles of Coke with PEANUTS IN IT??? What the holy heck??!! Why would you do that to a perfectly good Coke? It's kinda like blasphemy!

lol.png
I've heard of that before too..​

Back
Top Bottom