Gasping peachick (2 weeks old)

Pics
According to the studies I read, Valbazen kills gapes if given several days in a row. Does the chick look or sound like this?
If so, try giving 0.02 ml Tylan 200 4 times a day orally. I think 0.02 ml is about one drop from a standard syringe.

If you have Baytril, I think that would be even better. The chick in the video above was treated with Baytril and made a complete recovery in 3 days.

Kathy thanks for that video. Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. My chick makes no gurgling sounds whatsoever. The gasping has subsided. I am to the point where I believe there's a birth defect resulting undeveloped lungs. The chick grows at an extremely slow rate. At 7 weeks it appears to be about 3.5-4 weeks old. When it gets excited or runs is when it gasps most pronounced, which leads me to believe it's a lung development issue.

I may try fenbendozole in the near future to hedge against blackhead.

I had one like that that had a heart defect and ascites. It too grew slow and would start open mouth breathing whenever it got excited. It did eventually die and I had it necropsied which is how I know what what wrong.

Back
Top Bottom