Gave my bird away, then got him back... Now he looks different!!!

OMG, that is so sad! At first i didn't realize what you were talking about but now that i see......why?
barnie.gif

That's just animal cruelty!
rant.gif

Kid has some issues and i wonder???

My son would get the
duc.gif
beat out of him if he did that! Which he wouldn't cause we have raised him to be kind to animals.

Just plain scary
somad.gif

if you ask me it is plain out cruel. there was no sense to this. we have cock fighters who live down the road from us and theirs don't look anything like this. I have never heard of dubbing, but sure as heck don't like the sound of it. BTW -- the feds shut the fighters down.

Maybe the kid was planning to show the roo? If so, then it would HAVE to be dubbed to be shown, due to breed standards. And with that lovely feathering I'd want to show him.

I've deliberately picked birds to show that don't require dubbing. I couldn't do it to one of my birds and I don't like the look.

Goodness me what a change,

I will admit I'm not into "dubbing" as well as many other clipping and snipping of random animal parts, apart form neutering.

This family violated the five freedoms of animal welfare we should all be following as keepers of animals

The five freedoms
Freedom from thirst and hunger
Freedom from discomfort
Freedom from pain, injury and disease
Freedom to express normal behavior
Freedom from fear and distress

I agree with many posters, you should be wary of the family, and what are they doing with so many roo's?

Hope this doesn't get me into trouble...
hu.gif

He was very handsome but looks are only skin deep remember.

L

Hey all,

Yes, it was cruel what the kids did, they were Intermediate school age by the way. I was in shock cause Taikneetu was also very underweight, I really pampered him back to health. I had a long talk w/ the children's parents and..... They got a verbal lashing right in front of me. I was even scared. I also talked to them about proper feeding and care. Well cause i pampered my roo like a king. But he is now back to his weight, if not even heavier than before. He is with my EE girls and thriving again. I also do visits to make sure all is in order.
smile.png

In case any one was wondering, my roo, is a Black Star(Sexed-linked)/Wheaten Blue AGF. But is so sweet to the bone. Due to the dubbing he is able to eat better and drink from the fountain better without having to gyrate his head. He definitely has not changed demeanor at all if he was used for fighting (Thank god). The Pic w/ his son shows him being non-aggressive. But I am still observing to be on the safe side. So far though, he is still the same roo I had before.

You forgot freedom to utilize livestock, just be glad they didn't put him on the dinner table. If they only have roos, some of their barnyard crosses, which is what this looks to be, may have scuffled and his comb and wattles could have been damaged to the point that sanitary removal and treatment might have been necessary to prevent infection, death, etc. You all really need to get a clue with all the gamefowl bashing and the insinuating that they are only used for one thing or that anyone owning these birds are up to you know what. We do not have the whole story here, and unless we get the story from the people who were GIVEN the bird, then we cannot pass judgement. Many parts of Hawaii are overrun with feral poultry, so yes, only having roosters to raise would be the only way to prevent your girls from stowing away a nest somewheres and bringing home a dozen chicks or more. Sad.....

Honestly...you'd think people as educated as you all seem to be, would see that dubbing is NOT that uncomfortable for the bird. In MANY cases it is the best policy. ESPECIALLY when cold weather is a concern.

P.S. I've dubbed my Barred Plymouth Rocks before. Does that automatically make them gamefowl? Um...NO.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom