Gazebo coop coming along - update pics page 8

Oh no that baby black silkie is ALL wrong...you should not keep him but you should send him to me and I will take him off your hands!
wink.png
NICE COOP!

Quote:
ahhhh he's so sweet looking--you lucky chick! That's one expensive chick though! He better be a good king!!!

this might sound dumb but im learning about the silkie i take it is . Why or what makes them so $$$$ and how much do they cost ??? If that black chick is not a silkie then what is it and how much ????

Quote:
ahhhh he's so sweet looking--you lucky chick! That's one expensive chick though! He better be a good king!!!

this might sound dumb but im learning about the silkie i take it is . Why or what makes them so $$$$ and how much do they cost ??? If that black chick is not a silkie then what is it and how much ????

He is a silkie. Eggs from show quality birds are expensive for every breed, but this got worse when the PO took a week to deliver the eggs in August heat, only he hatched. The price for eggs for the quality was VERY reasonable and I will be thrilled to buy from that breeder (M@M@2FOUR here on BYC) again next month.

So here's an update . . . of course I didn't get near as much done today as I had hoped; but the walls are up, we'll get the roof tomorrow and the runs will have to wait until next weekend. Take a look at what I've got going and be forthcoming with suggestions and ideas!

Here are the pieces laid out and my daughter who was so excited to be woke up early to work on Mom's new coop.!
19992_chicken_corner_2001.jpg

Here's the building crew my daughter and son and the little guy is the neighbors. He asked if he could move into the coop
lol.png
19992_chicken_corner_2002.jpg

Frame is up
big_smile.png
19992_chicken_corner_2003.jpg

The crew says they are done for the day
roll.png

19992_chicken_corner_2004.jpg

I took the windows off of the sides and moved two to the front on either side of where the door will go, and added the ventilation screen above.
19992_chicken_corner_2005.jpg

Here is a side view, there will be two runs off of each side and the back . . . Can you kind of see what I am doing? That's the old coop in the back ground.

19992_chicken_corner_2006.jpg

WHAT??? I HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER NIGHT IN THE OLD COOP???
19992_silkie_babies042.jpg

Last edited:
For the very first time, I am subscribing to a topic. I can't wait to see that thing assembled.

It's perfect that Silkies are going to live in there.

The copper roof is what I'm really dying to see.

Good job!

Back
Top Bottom