geese feed

amsheehan

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2020
Blue Seal wheat for geese? I read that geese like and can have wheat. Went to local farm store and asked for wheat and it feels like dried wheat -- the actual grain (have not opened yet in case I have to return). Is that ok for them?

I have had my two geese for a week. They are not the least bit interested in any sort of treat I offer. Not watermelon, lettuce, etc. Any ideas?

I have had my two geese for a week. They are not the least bit interested in any sort of treat I offer. Not watermelon, lettuce, etc. Any ideas?

How old are they?

Cucumber and watermelon are favourites with my two boys but other people have had joy with corn, romaine lettuce and tomatoes and peas;

I'm just asking their age because mine will eat brocolli and cauliflower too but I think it might be a little tough for a gosling.

About 4-5 months old
They were my neighbors and they were in a pen with no grass, 12 chickens and six ducks. "treats" for them there were handfuls of grass.
Now they are in a pen with lots of grass and completely uninterested in any treat I have tried so far!

Ah ha! That makes sense and makes me feel better -- will stop wasting money on watermelons and such!! Thank you. Now can you help me find a source for goose worming meds? Is there an over the counter brand? Only things I can find online are UK products ...

Dewormer medications for poultry are pretty limited. Most of us use dewormer off label (formulated for dogs, cattle, goats or horses) and just calculate the dosage appropriate for the bird. Fenbenzadole (Safeguard and Panacur) and ivermectin are the most common products used

Back
Top Bottom