geese feed

Ivermectin is an oral med for horses -- can't imagine trying to get them to swallow! lol are any external for skin application?

Ivermectin comes in many different strengths and application methods. Paste, oral liquid and pour ones are the ones most used in livestock. For dogs it's commonly tablets (heartworm) or pour on (mange). With fowl, paste ivermectin makes an easy medication for mites. It is easy to feed on bread to fowl for internal parasites. The hard part is getting an accurate tiny dose. Oral liquid with an eye dropper is the most accurate way I have found on how to control dosage.
Safeguard can come mixed with alfalfa pellets. Easy to feed, impossible to accurately dose. Again paste on bread is easily consumed.
But let's back up the bus first. Goslings are not susceptible to large worm loads. Typically I don't even think about until they are going into their 2nd year right before breeding season. A long month of sitting is challenging for most goose so I just want to give them a little extra help.

Back
Top Bottom