Geese questions from a newbie...

Hayley411

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
I am looking into getting a couple geese. They will be mainly for guarding the ducks but they will of course still be pets. There are some american buff geese for sale near us. I have read that they tend to be a bit calmer and friendlier than other breeds. We are total geese newbies. Would this beed be good for us? They are 3-4 years old so definitely past the imprinting stage. Also we currenly feed purina layer is that okay for geese as well?
Thanks....

Quote:
Yes to both questions. and good luck.... And
welcome-byc.gif

Great thanks. Also what are your experiances in getting adult geese? We are a bit concerned that because they are adults that they will be that much more territorial towards us. However we would like the protection now as well as of couse the prospect of babies this spring.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I got two pair of 4 year old Pilgrim Geese this past weekend. They were leary of me at first but now I am the treat giver and they walk around me within 6-12 inches of where I am sitting/standing. They have begun to follow me when I leave the pond area. They won't let me pick them up yet but my chickens who I raised from day olds don't want to be picked up much either.

Back
Top Bottom