Geese - understanding humans

My 2 geese share a house with 2 Muscovy ducks and the ducks are the first to go in of a night I have to watch closely to make sure I see them go in so i can put up a barrier to keep my gander from going in and harassing them, so tonight the ducks were snug in their side of the house with their big bucket in front to keep the gander at bay, but Sammy the gander goes in and tries his best to stick his head in where the ducks are, so I say to him Sammy you better them them alone, in a very stern voice, he turns and looks at me then I say now get out of there come on, well he walks right out the door and stays out till I am through cleaning up. I have noticed something about him though, he is very gentle in his dealings with most all the ducks and chickens, he never has to grab them and yank feathers he just very gently nudges the chickens to get them out of his way and drops his head down to make the ducks move. Totally different approach than the ducks, they grab a hold of the chickens and pull feathers to get their point across.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom