Geez, be careful of CL and picking up chickens...

ksj0225

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 12, 2010
Greenville, NC
Made a call tonight to see about picking up some RIR and some guineas... Googled the address...

ep.gif

Registered sex offender....

I was going to call and go last weekend by myself with my four year old daughter... Haven't decided yet if we are still going since this weekend my husband is home... but geez....

Don't forget to keep your guard up....

Last edited:
I get the point of your post. There is no sense putting yourself in danger. Thing that kills me is, if some guy who is 18 date a 16 year old girl and her parents press charges and he is convicted, that stays with him his entire life. What if she told him she was 19 (possible the way girls look today)?

```````````````````````````````

Total edit...

The guy was 19 at the time of the charges... could have very well have been a girlfriend thing...

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
Quote:
I would have believed this until last year. My son had a co-worker who used my home address as his for his probation officer. My house was on the sex offender website! My neighbor found out and let me know. It took SIX years to have my address removed. I had two police officer, one sheriff out to my house. I finally sent an email to the mayor's office (Indianapolis). I sent my email at 11:30 pm, I got a response at 12:30 am letting me know it would taken care of immediately. I included in my email the letter that I sent certified to the guy's probation officer three years before (who had not seen him in 6 years) the warrents for "random" drug screens, appointments notices that came to my house that he never got. Evidently his probation officer was not sharing this information with the police department. My letter only stopped his PO from sending the notices to my home. I spoke to the final sheriff (2010) that came to my house for me to sign some forms that this guy had never lived at my house. He explained that the guy who told my son he got in trouble because his girlfriend's (who was one yr younger than him) parents found them in an inappropriate situation. Not so, sheriff said that due to his classification, the girl was under 12 years old, the boy~ he was 18. You have to be diligent with SO, they are not very trustworthy or honest at best.

I agree time served is time served, but sometimes the punishment is what it is, and our choices stay with us!

Last edited:
o know this is a poopy way to live life but you need to treat everyone as if they "may have" been an offender... just because someones name or address is NOT on the registry does not make them a safe person... it means they have not been caught yet!

you need to have your guard up at all times and teach your children to trust their gut... if someone is creeping them out trust it and make a fast exit

Sex offenders should be in jail not loose on the streets or in the neighborhood. When you commit any other crime your time is served and your debt to society has been paid... except when they register you, which is worse the SO you know about or the ones you don't? In Oregon you can register as a transient with no address, how convenient.

Last edited:
Quote:
hopefully the Conservatives get elected in the up coming election in Ontario Canada.. they want to publish the addresses like the USA does.. AND he wants gps tracking on high risk offenders

that is much better then the system we have now... sex offenders have to check in with their PO but there is no public registry there is no way for the public to see if the house next door is a halfway house

my son is a sexual assault victim, the sicko was already on the registry at the time of assaulting my son. .. he had already been convicted 2X and was still on probation when he assaulted my son. He was an art instructor offering private art lessons when he was caught the first time... a soccer coach when he was caught the second time. he was accused of many more but he was found not guilty in court... we met him as a Karate instructor ... back when...i was a parent who just trusted the facility i registered my child with to make sure they are safe. now... not so much..lol I am so up tight about things... I drive the schools crazy!! I drive the school bus companies crazy... anyone who is going to have interaction with my children... I will make you nuts with the questions and checks.. you would be amazed at what you can find out online about a person for free

the sicko who assaulted my son now lives within 2 blocks of a public school 3 blocks of a catholic school and 3 blocks of a park with a soccer pitch... just this week there was a creep arrested who was found with child images on his computer and he operates 2 daycare centers in 2 different cities and he is also a mall santa

sex offenders can be rehabilitated so they are not all permenently dangerous and in need of avoiding-however,there is something dodgy about the internet regrdless.
every single user on the internet,or free ads in a paper/shop or whatever,cannot be defaultly trusted as saying the truth-whether its about themselves or something theyre selling unless they back it up with real proof,someone showing a photo of a person for example doesnt prove its them,technicaly everyone coud be a abuser as most of us dont know each other offline.
if someone builds up an online reputation; it doesnt automaticaly mean they are trustworthy; people can be incredibly manipulative,can say that from a personal view.

in own experience,have effectively had life ruined by an online user thanks to being used as his target for years,under multiple accounts;being lied to,manipulated,bullied,and identity/life copied and used elsewhere was only the beginning,he had triggered severe permenent mental health problems including MDD and pyschosis,support staff who recently found out about this have said this is grooming of a vulnerable adult and have gotten the police involved as they think he is probably taking advantage of lots of vulnerable adults and possibly children.

a lot of sex offenders are recognised as having learnt that sort of behavior from being sexualy abused as children so they were never taught any different,they have to unlearn that behavior and develop morals against it,here is an example,think of people who as children were fed huge meals and all sorts of junk,and as they get older they are clearly clinicaly obese,they carry on eating big meals,never feeling full.
it is because their brain had been deeply embedded with the wrong 'code' as children,they have to be supported to reprogram that code,otherwise they will suffer the consequences, just like people who go onto become sex offenders and paedophiles.

there are of course other causes for why they become the way they are but it isnt as easy as saying they are all as dangerous or unpredictible as each other.
the problem is when are dealing with ones who are total strangers.

apologies for waffling on.
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom