Gender and Breed?

saenth

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
NE Kansas
Our chicks are now older and I know some of the breeds but am wondering on the genders. Any help would be wonderful! Thanks

This is Fluffy Butt an EE I am really wondering the gender. She is 4 weeks old. The first four pictures are all of Fluffy Butt

This is Pumpkin another 4 week old EE, I think a hen?

This is Tiny, I know both the breed and Gender for him. He didn't want to be left out of the picture taking. He is about 5 weeks.

This is Peaches, I am not sure of the breed but "think" she is a she. She is about 5 weeks

This is Mrs. Rhineharbor, Again I am not sure of the breed but "think" she is a she

This is bubbles, I am not sure on breed or gender. She is also about 5 weeks.

Last edited:
First one is a boy...second one could be a girl, both are EE.

Tiny looks like a barred rock boy.

The rest look like sex links and a black star pullet.

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses, you all confirmed what I was suspecting with Fluffy but my husband and daughter refused to believe me. We found a home for Tiny, now we need to get one for Fluffy. They were all supposed to be pullets but I never trust that.

Here is Pumpkins comb, she and Fluffy we got together. I really really want at least 1 EE pullet!

It looks like they are pea combed. if that is the case, a male will 3 rows of "peas" running down his head, the center row will be slightly larger and higher than the rest. A pullets will be small and usually only a single row of "peas"

Our chicks are now older and I know some of the breeds but am wondering on the genders. Any help would be wonderful! Thanks

This is Fluffy Butt an EE I am really wondering the gender. She is 4 weeks old. The first four pictures are all of Fluffy Butt
EE cockeral

This is Pumpkin another 4 week old EE, I think a hen?
EE pullet

This is Tiny, I know both the breed and Gender for him. He didn't want to be left out of the picture taking. He is about 5 weeks.
Barred Rock cockeral

This is Peaches, I am not sure of the breed but "think" she is a she. She is about 5 weeks
Maybe Buff Orp or Red Sexlink Pullet

This is Mrs. Rhineharbor, Again I am not sure of the breed but "think" she is a she
Red Sexlink Pullet

This is bubbles, I am not sure on breed or gender. She is also about 5 weeks.
Black Sexlink Pullet

Back
Top Bottom