Gender, breed and colour name help please

Fire_flame

Hatching
Dec 20, 2021
Hiya,
First time chicken momma here. My partner gave my kids 2 chicks a project....but of course they bonded to me as I spend the most time with them etc.

Luna our black 6 week old chick crowed this morning, I got a hell of a fright. However, Luna's behavior is not of an alpha, Luna follows Marshall l, second to eat etc. I'm completely unsure of Luna's breed, gender and colour name. Pretty sure Luna is a Bantam with feathery feet.

Marshall is the alpha. 6 weeks old too, has not crowed. Has started sitting very awkwardly on the ground, comb is peachy and feathers rounded....so despite Marshall's name (after the Paw Patrol dog, thanks to my son), I think Marshall is a hen. Any idea of the breed and coloring name?

Thanks in advance
Lexi

Attachments

• 20211220_185524.jpg
    20211220_185524.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211220_185535.jpg
    20211220_185535.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 2
Hiya,
First time chicken momma here. My partner gave my kids 2 chicks a project....but of course they bonded to me as I spend the most time with them etc.

Luna our black 6 week old chick crowed this morning, I got a hell of a fright. However, Luna's behavior is not of an alpha, Luna follows Marshall l, second to eat etc. I'm completely unsure of Luna's breed, gender and colour name. Pretty sure Luna is a Bantam with feathery feet.

Marshall is the alpha. 6 weeks old too, has not crowed. Has started sitting very awkwardly on the ground, comb is peachy and feathers rounded....so despite Marshall's name (after the Paw Patrol dog, thanks to my son), I think Marshall is a hen. Any idea of the breed and coloring name?

Thanks in advance
Lexi
They both look like mutts to me, as for gender I’m not sure. Nice looking chicks though.
Totally on relevant, but I had a dog named Lexi. 😂 Long story short I love the name.

Luna is for sure a cockerel. He is a mixed breed. I would guess he is either a Cochin or Brahma mixed with a breed with rose combs like Sebright or Wyandotte.

Marshall is a pullet, and probably a mixed breed too, maybe a red sex link or Leghorn cross.
Agreed.

Hi all,
Thanks for your help. I found out the breed for Luna the black chick: black araucana x pekin pullet bantam without all the extra tuffs etc.

As I'm unfamiliar with chickens, is Luna still a roster in the making?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom