Gender guess?

Eddy Chicken

Songster
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Here is some pics of my flock. They were supposed to be all pullets except for 1 Dark Brahma. They're 8 weeks old in these pics.

Suspected Dark Brahma Roo on left

This one is feathering faster than the other Buff Brahmas

Suspected Dark Brahma Roo on the ground

Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium member
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
I'd keep an eye on that red one in the last pic. The comb looks a bit red for 8 weeks. Other than that, and the dark Brahma cockerel, the rest look like pullets.

RAREROO

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
Quote:Agreed, the brahma is definitly a roo because of the solid back chest. And a side pic of the red one would help.

Vamvakas

Songster
8 Years
Sep 30, 2011
North Branford, CT
Quote:^ This

Your Buff Brahmas look great for it's age, I have 3 months old girls and they do not have great feathers like yours.. All my chicks do is eat each others feathers...

Last edited:

Eddy Chicken

Songster
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Quote:^ This

Your Buff Brahmas look great for it's age, I have 3 months old girls and they do not have great feathers like yours.. All my chicks do is eat each others feathers...

Thank you so much. This is our first go at chicken raising. We feed them Start n Grow Crumble Sunfresh Recipe by Purina, scratch grains by Purina as a treat, meal worms, potato bread once in a blue moon and LOTS of insects that the kids dig up lol.

I forgot to mention they are all named and spoiled rotten by my wife who was totally against getting chickens, and my 2 kids lol

Homeschooled Rooster (he's studying harder than my daughter)

Totally outta control! lol

Top Bottom