Gender guesses on silkie chicks??

amandac

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Hi. I am new to chickens, and got these silkie chicks from someone who decided they didn't want their Easter chicks anymore. I am clueless. Any guesses on which are boys and which are girls? I appreciate ANY guesses, comments, insight, etc. Thanks!
yippiechickie.gif

53472_p6060261.jpg

53472_p6060263.jpg

53472_p6060264.jpg

53472_p6060265.jpg

It looks like you have 4 boys there! The developed combs on two are a giveaway, and the other two have back-slanting crest fluff. Hope you're okay with someone having given you boys. They must have known.

Well, I was hopin for a least a couple of girls.
hu.gif
But, my philosophy is the more the merrier! Guess i'll have to locate some fo sure girls to keep them company!
Any advice on how to be sure'er bout what i'm getting? I am reading ALOT on here that even ordering from a hatchery and specifying girls doesn't mean much. Oh well.

Silkies are very hard to sex and many people will just tell you to wait and see who lays an egg and who crows to tell.
I have 2 silkies and 1 mutt silkie, im sure the mutt is a roo but I am still clueless on the silkies and they are about 2/3 months old
lol.png

I dont know...I agree #1 is a girl, two is a boy three could be, crest looks very full...How old are they?? Some of my girls have little comb too..4 needs a better face shot

Back
Top Bottom