Gender Help needed, please!

The polish in pic 1 is a cockerel.
So are the two that have already been identified as cockerels, and those two Easter Eggers.
I have 2 Polish, and their heads/crests both look both look the same. Hubs will be sad to hear they're both cockerels.
(I admit I'm kinda sad about it too.) :(

Your White and Buff Cochin are the only two I'm seeing that look like pullets...
@Rhodebar Lover
Inclusive of the Silkies too, do you think? From the limited I've been able to find about sexing Silkies, I fear all 4 of mine may be cockerels.

Id hoped in addition to the Cochins, perhaps the lighter of the 2 Easter Eggers might also be a pullet?

Started off with 30 chicks, and I have what seems like just 2 I can definitely keep.

Last edited:
Inclusive of the Silkies too, do you think? From the limited I've been able to find about sexing Silkies, I fear all 4 of mine may be cockerels.

Id hoped in addition to the Cochins, perhaps the lighter of the 2 Easter Eggers might also be a pullet?

Started off with 30 chicks, and I have what seems like just 2 I can definitely keep.
Silkies are super hard to sex this young. The lighter of the two Easter Eggers looks like a cockerel to me too... 😬

Those two and the frizzle. And possibly the grey chick next to the frizzle. Could you get better pictures of that one's comb.
Thanks again! The gray one next to the frizzle is the same as the Self Blue Old English Game Cockerel EXCEPT without a comb so an actual pullet! Haha

Brings my totals to:

PULLETS
2 buff Cochins
1 white Cochin
1 white frizzle Cochin
1 Self Blue Old English

Not a great start for the gal who was told I'd be getting a mix of just D'Uccle, Cochin, Silkies, and Seabrights in my "assorted" order. :(

COCKERELS
2 Polish Crested
1 Self Blue Old English
2 EE
1 Self Blue D'Uccle
1 Buff Seabright

TBD
2 Black Silkies
1 Buff Silkie
1 White Silkie

Back
Top Bottom