Genders

This is the small one I was talking about. He/she is about two and a half weeks old in this picture.

Here's some other pictures....

The one on the left is the smallest.

They are way to young to even take a good guess. I have had hens with big combs while small and then just stop. Silkies are really hard to tell, but they are cute!

They are way to young to even take a good guess. I have had hens with big combs while small and then just stop. Silkies are really hard to tell, but they are cute!
Did your hens ever peck you when they were little? I'm hoping I have mostly pullets out of this group.
big_smile.png
(Even though I need cockerels)

I had a group of 7 silkies 12 - 14 weeks old, 5 of which were cockerels. The largest and most dominant one started crowing at 12 weeks old, and shortly after that he would give me an aggressive peck (I mean a peck and twist of the skin) if I put my hand near him when he had crowed. But if there was any pecking from any of them before that stage, it was just light inquisitive pecks, like pecking at something tiny on your hand. Certainly not aggressive. What are yours doing exactly?

These guys are 90% roos. The one with the Walnut comb is the head guy.

Here's the small one again

He pecks me at every chance he has, He's still the smallest.
I'll post more pictures when they are way bigger

Back
Top Bottom