general duck questions

duckmom

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
i recently got two new ducklings! they`re names are Zeyda and India... they are soo cute! I was wondering what age can they go swimming? they are only one week old and already jumping in their water dish! I would also like to know what kind of ducklings they are... they are brown with yellow stripes and polka dots. Oh and how and when do you know if they are boys or girls?
Thanx!
big_smile.png

Post a picture and then check the sticky at the top of the DUCK forum section. Oh...and with supervision, they can swim now. Just dry them off after they swim for a few minutes and put them back in the warm brooder
big_smile.png

Thanks for the advice! I`m looking forward to seeing them take their first swim!

It's so much fun to watch them swim, and yeah, by a week they can totally take a dunk. I generally start them in my tub in warm water the first week or two, but that can get messy and requires sanitizing afterward,
smile.png
. If it's warm out and you dry them off and get them back under the heat lamp after a bit, they'll do great. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom