Genesis 1588 with 1610 egg turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ole Bubba, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Ole Bubba

Ole Bubba Out Of The Brooder

I just got my new1588, whee. It has been set up for 24 hours, I do not think that the turner motor is working. Should the motor be warm to the touch?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Quote:Bubba, it should be about 99.5 degrees warm to the touch. [​IMG]

3. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    My turner motor makes a really quiet ticking sound. So see if you can hear anything. Or watch it over an hours time and see if it shifts direction.

4. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Hi Olebubba!
    I have the same set up as you. That motor on the turner does run very warm. Can you hear the turner kind of make a click sound ever so often? They move very slow.
    Carolyn

5. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Those motors turn at 1 revolution every 4 hours. So they turn the eggs once every 2 hours.

With the eggs turned one way, check in 2 hours and they should be fully the other way. In one hout they should be upright.

6. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    What twigg said. Check your eggs, then again after 2 hours. I thought my turner was broken cuz every time I looked the eggs were facing the same way -- went out and bought a new one, read the info that came with it... THEN did a 2 hour test and found out the old one was just fine. Now I have to buy another incubator to go with the extra turner I have.......... [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Also check the little arm that comes out the side of the motor that it's in the slot. One of mine wasn't in the slot so the arm was turning, but not moving the trays.

8. Ole Bubba

Ole Bubba Out Of The Brooder

It ain't moving. I checked every hour for 4 hours.......no movement.
    If the motor is like my LG one it is warm to the touch when running, and not in the incubator, right?

9. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    sheesh, Im of no help I can't even figure out how to set up the turner (put in the quail trays)
    Good luck getting yours going:lol: :[​IMG]
    Stormy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by