Genesis Hova-Bator 1588 Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenCrazy01, Apr 22, 2011.

1. ChickenCrazy01

ChickenCrazy01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    I am new to incubation well chickens in general and learning as I go. I have 10 eggs in my LG still air bator now that is on day 8 and plan to candle tonight. I have to watch my temps carefully and I am hand turning 3 times a day. I am eyeing the Genesis 1588 and adding on the auto turner. Will the "regular" egg turner hold turkey eggs properly?

2. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    My neighbor has two LG 9200s, and his Bourbon Red turkey eggs fit in his LG turner (the LG and GQF turners are VERY similar). I think a lot of it would depend on the size of the turkey eggs. My neighbor's turkeys are only one year old, and just starting to lay their first eggs, so their eggs are smaller than they will be by fall, or next year. Kind of like how chickens lay bigger eggs as they get older. The bigger turkey eggs may very well fit, I don't know...

BTW, just thought I'd add that I've used LG 9200s the last two years and hatched a lot of chicks from them. This year I bought a Genesis incubator just to try it out, since it got such great reviews here on BYC. I LOVE it!!! I'm never buying another LG 9200 again. I get much better and much more reliable hatch rates with the 1588, and it's so much less hands-on than the LG 9200.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by