Genesis Hovabator 1588 has changed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Renie'sPeeps, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    I just bought my second Hovabator from Cutler Supply since I really liked the first one I bought. Well ... I opened the box to find out somebody decided to change the power cord on the lid. It is now stationary on the new one. Honestly.. one of the things I really liked about the older style was the fact the cord was completely detachable from the lid. I could remove it... clean the lid inside and out with no worrying about anything dangling or scarring up the styrofoam. Do you realize now that there will probably be more accidents where the whole incubator hits the floor and burst to pieces rather than just loss of power if the cord gets pulled???
    I am not happy. [​IMG]

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    How old is your "old" 1588?

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Yep, I agree, I was none too happy to see this change either. The auto turners are the same way, the cord stays attached to the motor now. [​IMG]

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    That is why I feed my cables down behind the table to the power outlet, so it cannot get caught or pulled!!

5. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I liked the old cords much better. I only have one bator with the old style. I use it as my hatcher.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by