Genetic Mismatch -- what breed does my puppy look like to you?

Feanor

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2012
Mississippi
We did the Wisdom Panel DNA test to see what kind of dog our Humane Society rescue puppy would turn out to be. According to the results, his grandparents were:

1 full-blooded rottweiler
1 mixed breed

1 yellow lab/ siberian husky
1 german shepherd/ mixed breed

So a large breed mix. The mixed breeds detected were mostly Japanese Spitz and Neapolitan Mastiff, with a tiny bit of Akita, coonhound, and Welsh terrier.

But he's yellow! I think he looks like a yellow rottweiler with a slightly huskyish muzzle. But my only experience with dogs is small dachshunds; this is my first large breed (he's in training to be my livestock guardian dog).

What do you think he looks like/ will look like?? He is 13 weeks old.

What a pretty boy! He should make you a nice guardian. Did the humane society know anything about where he came from? Sounds like he is a real Heinz 57. We have some GSD / boxer / something mixes that looked a lot like him as pups, they look a lot like fawn colored boxers with longer heads now.

What a pretty boy! He should make you a nice guardian. Did the humane society know anything about where he came from? Sounds like he is a real Heinz 57. We have some GSD / boxer / something mixes that looked a lot like him as pups, they look a lot like fawn colored boxers with longer heads now.
Heinz 57 is right :)

Back
Top Bottom