Mille-fluer d'uccle
White Plymouth rock
Easter egger
20230120_113631.jpg
20230120_113659.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This is my cochin rooster
He looks Silver Laced to me, and of course he has feathered feet and a single comb because he's a cochin.

What will I get from crossing him with the following hens:
Blue cochin
Cochins, some black ones and some blue ones, both probably with some silver leakage.

Blue silkie
Silkie-mixes, likely with crests and 5 toes and maybe muff/beard (if the silkie mother has muff/beard), and they will probably have combs similar to the silkie's as well. They should have feathered feet and normal-textured feathers.

Colors the same as from the blue cochin.

Buff silkie
Same physical traits as from the blue silkie.

Chicks will probably show alot of silver, possibly with some gold/red leakage as well. They will probably have some black patterning, but it's more likely to be partial lacing or messy looking, not nice lacing like the father has.

Silver-laced sebright
Silver laced chicks. Feet should still have some feathers, but fewer feathers than the chicks with two feather-footed parents. Chicks may have a rose comb like the sebright or may have a single comb (if your "sebright" has a single comb, all the chicks will too.) Sons may be hen-feathered.

Mille-fluer d'uccle
Chicks with feathered feet and muff/beard.
Chicks should have some kind of silver & black pattern, possibly with some gold/red leakage. They will not show the mottling of the Mille Fleur pattern.

White Plymouth rock
Chicks will probably have some feathers on their feet, but fewer feathers than the ones with two feather-footed parents. Single combs.

Chicks will probably be white or mostly white.

Easter egger
Easter Eggers can have so many different traits they are hard to predict.

If the EE has a pea comb, some or all of the chicks should too.
If the EE has muff/beard, some or all of the chicks should too.
If the EE has clean feet, her chicks will have less foot feathers than their father has.
If the EE has a crest, some or all of her chicks should too.

Depending on the color of the EE hen, you could get several colors of chicks. If the EE shows gold and black, the chicks are likely to show silver and black. But some other colors of EEs could produce black chicks, blue chicks, silver & blue chicks, white chicks, or perhaps something else yet.

Silver laced chicks. Feet should still have some feathers, but fewer feathers than the chicks with two feather-footed parents. Chicks may have a rose comb like the sebright or may have a single comb (if your "sebright" has a single comb, all the chicks will too.) Sons may be hen-feathered.

The lacing gene in Sebrights being different than the lacing gene in Cochins doesn't mess up the lacing when crossed?

The lacing gene in Sebrights being different than the lacing gene in Cochins doesn't mess up the lacing when crossed?
I think there are enough of the same genes that the chicks will still look laced. It may not be perfect lacing, but is more likely to look laced than to be any other recognizable pattern.

The only differences I expect will be in the e-locus genes (Sebright E^R Birchen or Cochin probably e^b partridge), and in Db Sebright vs. db+ Cochin.
Both should have Pg (Pattern gene), Ml (Melanotic), Co (Columbian), and of course S (Silver.)

(Of course hen feathering or not will affect how it appears as well.)

If this cross happens, I'd love to see photos of how they look as they grow up :)

He looks Silver Laced to me, and of course he has feathered feet and a single comb because he's a cochin.

Cochins, some black ones and some blue ones, both probably with some silver leakage.

Silkie-mixes, likely with crests and 5 toes and maybe muff/beard (if the silkie mother has muff/beard), and they will probably have combs similar to the silkie's as well. They should have feathered feet and normal-textured feathers.

Colors the same as from the blue cochin.

Same physical traits as from the blue silkie.

Chicks will probably show alot of silver, possibly with some gold/red leakage as well. They will probably have some black patterning, but it's more likely to be partial lacing or messy looking, not nice lacing like the father has.

Chicks with feathered feet and muff/beard.
Chicks should have some kind of silver & black pattern, possibly with some gold/red leakage. They will not show the mottling of the Mille Fleur pattern.

Chicks will probably have some feathers on their feet, but fewer feathers than the ones with two feather-footed parents. Single combs.

Chicks will probably be white or mostly white.

Easter Eggers can have so many different traits they are hard to predict.

If the EE has a pea comb, some or all of the chicks should too.
If the EE has muff/beard, some or all of the chicks should too.
If the EE has clean feet, her chicks will have less foot feathers than their father has.
If the EE has a crest, some or all of her chicks should too.

Depending on the color of the EE hen, you could get several colors of chicks. If the EE shows gold and black, the chicks are likely to show silver and black. But some other colors of EEs could produce black chicks, blue chicks, silver & blue chicks, white chicks, or perhaps something else yet.
Thank you. You are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom