Genetics of White Earlobes?

Alas, the $30 to read the article instead of just the abstract is beyond my budget at this time. :(
Have you heard the gospel of Sci Hub? It's a free repository of peer reviewed journal articles, and it has just about everything. (Since pirating journal articles doesn't hurt the authors--scientists don't get paid for journal articles, and the peer reviewing is also donated labor--and the journals themselves tend to be infamous price gougers, I'm pretty cool with the ethics of access journal articles this way.) If you can't get a journal article you want to read directly, I recommend checking to see if it's on there.

Anyway, if you want to read the full article, a quick Google Scholar search turns up a free download link here. (Link will automatically download a PDF to your computer.) There's a more recent update here that is also open access, which found that at least in Rhode Island reds, there are about 16 genes controlling earlobe color for red vs. white. (All of which is shorthand for "everything Nicalandia said is totally correct," I just have strong opinions about giving people access to papers when they have questions.)
I might not have useful answers to the question off the top of my head, but boy do I know how to access papers to yank information out of 'em when I have questions.

Thos are pretty small white earlobe. She must be heterozygous for a few of those genes.

Talking about White Ear Lobes and White Face.

I believe one could make a Blue Face bird by combining the White Face from the Spanish breed and the Blue/Turquoise found on Silkies.

View attachment 3266071

That would make a very pretty bird, I think.
Have you heard the gospel of Sci Hub? It's a free repository of peer reviewed journal articles, and it has just about everything. (Since pirating journal articles doesn't hurt the authors--scientists don't get paid for journal articles, and the peer reviewing is also donated labor--and the journals themselves tend to be infamous price gougers, I'm pretty cool with the ethics of access journal articles this way.) If you can't get a journal article you want to read directly, I recommend checking to see if it's on there.

Anyway, if you want to read the full article, a quick Google Scholar search turns up a free download link here. (Link will automatically download a PDF to your computer.) There's a more recent update here that is also open access, which found that at least in Rhode Island reds, there are about 16 genes controlling earlobe color for red vs. white. (All of which is shorthand for "everything Nicalandia said is totally correct," I just have strong opinions about giving people access to papers when they have questions.)
I might not have useful answers to the question off the top of my head, but boy do I know how to access papers to yank information out of 'em when I have questions.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom