genetics question... what would happen?

kennita2001

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 8, 2011
Ok. I recently bred what i thought was a barred rock rooster to barred rock hens
Turns out the rooster is a sexlink so i got two black pullets, two barred cpckerals with light grey colouring and three barred chicks with darker coloring im not sure about gender
Now i love the temperament of my sexlink rooster which im hoping he has passed on but like the build and color of the rocks
So the question is if i breed any of these chicks back to barred rocks will any of them give all barred offspring?
What would they all produce?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

And just to clarify i know they wouldnt be classed as barred rocks. Its just for my own flock

Ok. I recently bred what i thought was a barred rock rooster to barred rock hens
Turns out the rooster is a sexlink so i got two black pullets, two barred cpckerals with light grey colouring and three barred chicks with darker coloring im not sure about gender
Now i love the temperament of my sexlink rooster which im hoping he has passed on but like the build and color of the rocks
So the question is if i breed any of these chicks back to barred rocks will any of them give all barred offspring?
What would they all produce?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Only the Hens will give you 100% barred offsprings if bred back to a pure BR rooster, you cant be sure with the roos....

Back
Top Bottom