Genetics

Somshine

Songster
Aug 14, 2022
Ok so my roo is French Maran and true Americauna mix. Him over Americauna hens. Think I'll still get some blue layers or more likely to all be olive?

An Americauna is an Easter Egger. So if that's what you have, you could get anything. If they are Ameraucanas, then I believe you'd get olive eggs. I could be wrong about that last part though.

@The Moonshiner

There's so many genes that can be in play for the brown coloring that it's hard to breed them all out once they're in.
Odds wouldn't be good to get back to a true blue egg so quickly. It's not impossible but not plausible either.

They're strictly Blue, not lucky blue from Easter eggers. So my roo is half blue and half dark brown. On top of blue hens. Much chance of getting a few blue back out of that on the first generation chicks?

An Americauna is an Easter Egger. So if that's what you have, you could get anything. If they are Ameraucanas, then I believe you'd get olive eggs. I could be wrong about that last part though.

@The Moonshiner
Yeah, spelled it wrong 😆. Not show quality but 100% blue, not Easter egger. Been getting them from him for many years. Blue and Easter eggers are kept separate. Roos blue half and hens are true blue.

Back
Top Bottom