Get me out of this without peeving anyone too much...

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Dont you hate when a good deed gets you in trouble?

We have a sweet little older woman who lives at the beginning of our 'holler'. My DD (age 9) loves to visit her and she helps her with yard chores and gardening. So, when we started doing eggs 2 summers ago, she wanted to be on my customer list. So, in light of all of the sweet things she does for DD, I told her the eggs were $1 a dozen.

Well, now its about to get out of control. Now she is telling her whole family that we have eggs for $1 a dozen! Gahhhh!!!
DD came home from a visit there on Sunday and brought home $2 and told me that next time we have 2 dozen eggs, could we leave them for this woman's brother and for her neice.

Oh, and could one dozen be all Blue and one dozen be all Dark Brown (Black Copper Marans)?
I about choked.

So....how do I get out of this one?

H E L P

Explain to the family exactly what you just said to us. You only were selling them so cheap because of who the woman is and what she means to your DD. It's the truth and shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings. You can tell that lady too-and tell her if her family wants some they will have to pay full price as your actually losing $ selling them to her for 1$ a dozen but are doing it as a favor and a nice thank you for being good to your DD???. Oh and you cant do colored dozens -she gets what they lay

Last edited:
I would talk to her family alone and explain that you charge her a dollar but your regular price is what ever it is. Just ask the woman to tell her family to come talk to you about the eggs. Also explain that you do mix colors in your eggs what ever is your process. Good luck.

I have a similar problem. I can get Dannon yogurt for $1 a case, and I don't mind providing it for my family and a few friends, but there are greedy aquaintances who ask for four or five cases per week! One lady doesn't even speak to me unless her words are some variation of "can you get me some yogurt?"

My solution has been to avoid these people, but I can't recommend that to your DD. Good luck!

Quote:
X2

X3, they cannot be upset with you for treating her to inexpensive eggs b/c she is special to you and your daughter.

Quote:
$2.00 a dozen for Medium/Large
$2.50 for XLarge
$3.00 for Jumbo

I usually give her medium/large.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom