Gettin some turkeys

John,

I have some pics on Steve's thread on "How are your turkeys growing out this year". They are just iPhone pics so not the best but I don't really take many pics of them.

FROSTY- in the turkey section go to "PICS OF MY TURKEYS, HELP WITH COLOR AND ?? by SHELLEYD2008. first pic the small turkey behind the two larger ones is a good pic of a turkey with blackhead. Droppy, nessed up feathers, drop wings, and smaller.
STEVE - your white turkeys look really good. I see no blackhead or chickens.....
COLBY - THANKS FOR THE PICS.....JOHN

Quote:
JOHN - you might want to look closer at the pics I posted. 2nd pic right in the middle behind the log is a RIR butt sticking up, 3rd pic there is one on the log in the back and couple at the hanging feeder to the right.

No blackhead..... how can that be? if you want to see more pics of chickens and turkeys together look at our website. www.sandspoultry.com

Steve

Last edited:
Quote:
The symptoms that you are listing are the same for any type of illness in turkeys. It could also be the turkey that is at the bottom of the pecking order and getting picked on.

From the Merck Veterinary Manual: Histomoniasis is caused by a protozoan that infects the ceca, and later the liver, of turkeys, chickens, and occasionally other galliform birds. In turkeys, most infections are fatal; in other birds, mortality is less common. I would base diagnosis on fecal symptoms and necropsy, not on a picture or visual unthrifty appearance.

Back
Top Bottom