getting a pbp!

really no one??? it gets so quiet here on BYC in the summer
lol.png

I never have.

But from there website they sure do breed a whole lot of dogs and cats. Neither of which would be considered miniature given the weights sited.

Maybe they do better with their larger livestock.

I've never heard of them...
They sound okay though..
How much are they charging?
I went to PA and got a PURE vietnamese line pig for only like $50.... (if i remember correctly) *thats a good trip for you take with your son...they have a HUGE animal sancuary...he'd love it* PM me if you want the name of the place... i dont know if they are still selling pigs though.... but you can ask...

My other 2 pigs are the mixed PBP like the guy in your link is selling.. i spent like $600 to get Hammie here from Texas and hes just a mixed breed.. *stupid!!!...but she was a good breeder though..*
And the other one i got from my friend for $50..

What i'm trying to say is...
lol.png

Dont spend a fortune on them.. because most PBPs are mixed pigs.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh Redhen it compleatly slipped my mind to ask you first. I just want to order a baby PBP for my ds I am in NO rush and would be happy to wait a year. I just want a healthy happy docile and friendly pig from good genes. If it isnt the world smalled pbp I dont care as what really is the difference between a 100lbs and 150 beside by 3 years of age I will with out a doubt be on a big farm not the 2 acres now and will build it a pig palace.

Someone just tell me where to go. I like word of mouth and experience over any web site. I only asked about tanglewoond as they had nice wording on their site. I was reading the Napa site but did not see a list of breeders.

Be careful -- check it out -- anybody can set up a great-looking website -- some of the worst 'puppy-mills' have attractive and engaging websites --
Sounds as if you are doing your search the right way -- get advice from the people here --- maybe someone in the group lives near Tanglewood Farms and could do a home-visit for you --- :)

The place in PA where i got Dyson from is called Country Ark Farm..
They are SUPER nice! They are a farm/animal sancuary that is for disabled children..
they do so much for those kids... I really liked them alot!
I'll PM you the #... not sure if they are still selling pigs though.. but you can ask..

Well, I don't know about every kind of livestock that Tanglewood has, but I do know a little about miniature horses and donkeys. Even allowing for the fact that a picture is only as good as the photographer that takes it, there are things about their breeding animals that tell me that they aren't first class. Sound, healthy, well looked after, I don't debate that at all! But producing foals worth the kind of prices they are asking? I sincerely doubt it. Maybe they are waaay overpricing to scare off impulse buyers. But my opinion is, there is no need to encourage them by paying designer-label prices for department store stock.

While you are researching, check out pricing as well.

Redhen found me a place only 2 hours away so I am learning all I need to know now and preparing. I hope to get a piglet by mid july or so. Perfect since I can spend the summer with ds feeding it and babying it all day
big_smile.png

my ds is sooooooo excited he is already thinking of names. Oh and the price is fantastic!

ep.gif

Black Male Piglets $700
Black Female Piglets $800
Black & White Male Pigs $700
Black & White Female Pigs $900
Fancy Pinto B/W Male Pigs $900
Fancy Pinto B/W Female Pigs $1100
Male Pink Pigs $900
Female Pink Pigs $1100
Male Dalmation Pigs $900
Female Dalmation Pigs $1100
Either Eyes Blue Add $50
Bottle Fed Add $150-$200

Holy Smokes! This is the price list from that site. I'm all for people making a living doing what they love. If they can get those prices I say good for them. Sometimes people like to spend a lot of money for things just for the bragging rights....or have more money than they know what to do with.
On the other hand....those prices seem very high for us common mortals.
wink.png
My gal Piggle is due on June 24th. Chances are that her piglets will be all black or mostly black with minimal white. Not real fancy. But her temperment is good. As is the fathers, Pip. And the piglets will be held daily. I'm planning on charging $50 a piglet plus the cost of the vaccine if the buyer wants it vaccinated. PM me if you are interested. I'm in NE, Ohio.
Also I have read many of redhen's posts on here and she knows her stuff. So if she knows of someone that would be worth looking into as well!
Good Luck on your new venture. I love having pots. They are like having perpetual 3 year olds around.

Back
Top Bottom