getting a used fish tank, do I need to cycle?

We went to check it out, and we are picking it up tomorrow!
celebrate.gif
I saw the eel, I still don't know what kind it was. It was green and would swim up to the top.
idunno.gif
I will get a better look tomorrow, and eventually post a pic.
big_smile.png
I am super excited!

Quote:
An axolotl is what came to my mind when she described it...maybe just an ol' mudpuppy or maybe an amphiuma(its a kind of salamander eel type thing with four legs...very similar to the axolotl but longer and grey colored and no gill frills)

Last edited:
Are amphiumas sold in the pet trade? Also, if it were an amphiuma, my experience with keeping them temporarily in tubs overnight before release would suggest that there would probably no longer be 2 zebra danios in the tank with it after all this time LOL

Just dyin' to know what a "frog/eel thing" is though! Does it have fins (a large weather loach, perhaps?), or legs?

Pat

Sorry guys, you are going to have to wait to find out what it is.
sad.png
The pick-up date has been delayed until Tuesday.
tongue.png

It had two front legs with white stripes on them. forgot to add, it was swimming up by the little Zebra Fish, and it didn't try to eat it.
smile.png
It also looked very similar to the first and fifth eels on the page: http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/cat/infoL3/23707/category.web

Last edited:
Quote:
hu.gif
it was just a suggestion, sometimes we catch them in out lake and the idea just came to mind...

bock, PLZ PLZ PLZ post pics I am dying to see what it is
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom