Getting a welsh pony, for free!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by KWAK, Oct 23, 2011.

1. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    Im getting a 5 yr old welsh for free:) my friend called me and asked if i want oscar:) of course I SAID YESSS:)

2. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    you are soooooo lucky. i had riding lessons on a horse for 2 years one day owner text me telling me that shes selling him to some guy 6 hrs away unless i wanted to pay $2000

3. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    Lucky! Good luck! [​IMG] I have a Haflinger [​IMG]

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations! Post pictures when you get him!

5. LotsaChicken

LotsaChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Quote:I have a bay welsh cross named Oscar!! I've been thinking of finding him a new home, as I don't ride much anymore and he needs to be ridden more than I'm able to right now.

6. Longhorns&Chickens

Longhorns&Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    [​IMG] Congrats on the new pony!! I would love to get a pony for my boys, but convincing the hubby is not going so well! We have 2 horses, but he doesn't see the need, I guess, I'll keep trying [​IMG]. Well have fun with Oscar!

7. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    How big is he? What Section?

We had a Section B (12.2 hh). He taught my daughter to ride. He was a great little chap with lots of character and a real alrounder.
    He did dressage, showing, showjumping and cross country. He went alone and in company, and had the brains not to push her harder than she could handle.
    He was her best friend for many years, and when she outgrew him he bacame a companion to my cob and did a fine job until the big pasture in the sky called him.

Have fun with your new friend for many many years!

8. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    Well I didnt get hm, he was super wild and i couldnt get near him so i changed my mind [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by