Getting along

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckluv, Aug 22, 2010.

1. duckluv

duckluv Crowing

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    As I said in another one of my posts, my sister wants me to get Cayuga ducks. I've deicided I might get some, just to keep me sane. I also wanted Muskovys or Welsh Harlequins so what I want to know is, do Cayugas get along well with either of these breeds? Any help is appreciated as I don't want to get both only to have them fight.

2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Im pretty sure all breeds of ducks get along together, as long as there aren't two drakes and with a female or something. They'll fight, unless there is a decent number of females. But the breeds you listed should get along fine [​IMG]

Also I heard there was some sort of muscovy law in America if thats where you are from? If so maybe just do some research, I haven't heard the details on it.

Good luck

3. duckluv

duckluv Crowing

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Yeah, I'm in America.

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Did you get ducks yet?

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Just remember that muscovy and mallard derived ducks don't mix well when it comes to breeding. Their babies will be infertile and cannot produce ducklings. Welsh Harlequins and Cayugas will produce normal babies. Muscovies are best with their own breed when it comes to breeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by