Getting back to my roots

LivinOnTheEdge

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2020
Hi, my name is Candy, my husband is Lawrence and we currently do not have any chickens.

I was raised on a small dairy farm, where we the kids were the farmhands and always had chickens. Since getting married 30+ years ago we have only had cats, dogs, and a miniature horse that thinks it's a dog. Growing up we didn't know the different breeds of chickens, they were just chickens, some were nice and some were crabby. My favorite chicken was a little red hen that I trained to sit on my shoulder like I was a pirate with a parrot and her name was Ruby.

In the last few years, we have been talking about getting chickens, but it is a big commitment and as with any animal that would become part of our family we wanted to make sure we are prepared. I had a neighbor that used to sell puppies and Lawrence and I agreed that we could never do that because no one would ever be able to get through our adoption program.

Anyways I am rambling. I have been coming to BYC off and on for a while now and you guys have so much great information and since I am ready to commit to some chickens I thought it would be a good idea to register on BYC. We would want chickens that have good dispositions and good layers as my daughter loves eggs. So any suggestions to help get us on the right track would be great.

Thank you for letting us be part of your community.

Back
Top Bottom