getting crayons out of clothing

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
My sister got the boys clothes out of the dryer and they are covered in blue and green melted crayon. She should know better than to not check the pockets of a 4, 7 and 8 year old. Anyone know how to get it out? It went through the washer and dryer. I know someone here has an idea!!

so I assume its just the dye and not the wax of the crayon... try pretreating with a stain remover and then spot clean to see if it fades... it may take a few applications.

I bought this stuff at a fabric store and it is for delicate fabrics that have been stained with marker, lipstick, or crayons it worked great on a sharpie marker stain that was on my beige couch.. i think it was called spot gone.. or something cheesy like that.. but i only found it at the fabric store

if its the way you can get a paper towel and put it over the wax spot... gently on top of the paper towel run a warm iron and as the wax melts the paper towel will absorb it you can also use a paper bag... i find the paper towel works better though

'goo gone' says it works on crayon. I have not done a test yet though. my son and husband usually pack stones, washers, and wire nuts. you can hear them chinking up the dryer and stop it early on. I blame all those silly little pockets. who needs that many?
roll.png

If all else fails I suggest tie dye and go with the flow.

Good luck with it. We had a crayon disaster some years ago when the Kinder Major was five. We never were able to come up with anything that would get enough of it out that I could wear my shirts to work again.

Years ago when I was a child, my mohter ironed a transfer onto some doll clothes I had sewn. I then used crayons to draw and colour the pattern. Then we ironed it in. Just normal, crayola crayons. The colour lasted through a number of washings and dryings; I don;t think it ever faded.

So, depending on the fabric, I would say that her chances of removing the colour is pretty slim.

NO NO NO!!! I have washed and dryed many a crayon in the laundry..
Lestoil will take out lipstick washed and dryed and crayon.. Ace hardware sells it it is the only place I can find it..My mother inlaw had 4 boys all loved to work on cars and this is the best for oil stains....
frow.gif

Well, she still hasnt gotten back with me so I dont know much. But thanks for all the suggestions, I have left her a message and let her know. You would think with 3 little boys she would check pockets better. They were new clothes too, the ones she had gotten for their vaca in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom