Getting Eggs IMPORTED??!?!??!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SamG347, Aug 2, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I'm looking into getting eggs imported from Scotland. I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with getting eggs imported and can tell me everything it takes. I have been looking at a page on the USDA website...and it says that..

The following countries are considered by the USDA to be free of exotic Newcastle disease: Australia, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Fiji, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales, and the Isle of Man), Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
    Hatching eggs imported from these countries are not required to be quarantined. However, the hatching eggs must be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate issued by a national government veterinarian of the exporting country as well as by a USDA import permit (see exception for Canada below).

So it looks like it might be easier to get them imported since Scotland is one of the countries to be deemed clean.
    Let me know!
    [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Well as far as I know bird flu is still hanging around and USDA is still banning importation of birds, chicks and eggs from any country.

It would be very cost prohibitive to import eggs and the hatching rates will be almost next to nothing.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by