Getting eggs is pretty darn fun!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CarolJ, Jul 27, 2011.

1. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Oreo, my Ancona, produced her second egg this morning. And this time, she laid it in the nest box. So YEA for Oreo! Now if only my 6 other 23-week old pullets would start laying. It is great fun to go out to the coop and collect an egg - just can't wait till I'm collecting 3 or 4 or 5 each day. I'm really looking forward to seeing what shades of blue, green or brown my EEs will lay.

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Congrats on the one hen!!!! I tell my friends my pets give me breakfast what does yours do? [​IMG]

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Agreed! It is so rewarding. Won't it be great when all your hens are in laying mode. I 'expect' them to lay now---but it is still always a thrill. Chickens are amazing.

4. CarrieW

CarrieW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Durango, CO
    It's an Easter egg hunt everyday!

5. suzyQlou

suzyQlou Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Dillsburg, PA
    My Coop
    I share your excitement. It IS fun! And it's fun for the whole family. I love how my boys dash off to the nest box as soon as we come home from running any errand.

Not everyone in my family loved how the chicks took over the garage. Not everyone in my family loved being dragged to Lowes each weekend for two months. Not everyone in my family loved the way I spent more time building the coop than tidying the kitchen. But NOW everyone loves the chicken project. Everyone loves being the one to discover an egg!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by