Getting Goat kids

Just read almost every post from 1-122
So glad I'm not the only person who got kids, and knew nothing about them.. I read about Ozzys behavior issues, and that kinda scared me :oops:... My 2 new kids are under 7wks old. But Gretel is a little larger breed (dwarf newbian) than Hansel (Nigerian dwarf).. But he is a week older than her. So I'm hoping a bullying situation doesnt happen.
Also I read others suggestions on minerals.. I only got the block, not sure if they lick it... How do y'all know.. Or is it just best for loose minerals?
Here's my kids... Still under 2months old and on the bottle... So glad I found goat people on here.. The goat forum I found, was tough to work... I have saved you all as people to follow :hugs
And kids in The winter, sucks!!:rant
I can wait for them to beable to run and play outside, and forage... They just wont eat pellets yet
inCollage_20200210_202428022.jpg

I read the article...only thing I question...my vet told me to use the ivermectin as an injectable for lice. Can’t see hoe ivermectin is different from ivomec? Whatever..it worked for us..perhaps the shot didn’t but the stuff I put on the bodies did? I know ivomectic kills the type of lice. I think it’s the sucking..less common
Ivermectin injectable can be used as an injection or orally depending on what your trying to do. Ivermectin pour on can only be used as a pour on. Same drug just administered different ways. I hope that helps.

I do have the baking soda as well free fed.
But since I can not tell, if they lick that block, if it's a waist... Guess I'm getting loose minerals to play it safe.
:clap
The mineral consumption will depend on what you are feeding them. I give mine free choice hay and they graze. They do hit the minerals & baking soda some but not a lot. I have a wether so I wanted to make sure that the minerals I gave had ammonium chloride in it. Aside from hay I usually give a handful of rabbit pellets for both per day.

Just read almost every post from 1-122
So glad I'm not the only person who got kids, and knew nothing about them.. I read about Ozzys behavior issues, and that kinda scared me :oops:... My 2 new kids are under 7wks old. But Gretel is a little larger breed (dwarf newbian) than Hansel (Nigerian dwarf).. But he is a week older than her. So I'm hoping a bullying situation doesnt happen.
Also I read others suggestions on minerals.. I only got the block, not sure if they lick it... How do y'all know.. Or is it just best for loose minerals?
Here's my kids... Still under 2months old and on the bottle... So glad I found goat people on here.. The goat forum I found, was tough to work... I have saved you all as people to follow :hugs
And kids in The winter, sucks!!:rant
I can wait for them to beable to run and play outside, and forage... They just wont eat pellets yetView attachment 2045377
They are soooo Adorable..❤️🐐🐐

Back
Top Bottom